VulnDB Slack Connector
Send Alerts to Slack
VulnDB has an integration with Slack that will send vulnerability alerts to Slack in a channel you define. Now with Slack Alerts*, you can direct alerts into a Slack channel using the same alert refinements for:
- Type – New Vulnerabilities only, Updated Vulnerabilities only, Both new and updated
- Frequency – Hourly, Daily, Weekly
- Optionally restricting to vulnerabilities disclosed in the last 1, 7, 14, 30, 90, 180, or 365 days
- Optionally restricting to vulnerabilities above a certain CVSS score
- Optionally restricting to vulnerabilities with a public exploit
- Choosing to get vulnerabilities pushed when any field changes or choosing the vulnerability fields to trigger a push
Once the alerts are in Slack you can automate next steps by creating a bot to move messages selectively to other channels or other applications such as ticketing systems.
Take Advantage of VulnDB
In order to take advantage of the VulnDB Integration for Slack you just need the following:
- A Slack account and Workspace
- Access to the VulnDB Slack Connector
- A VulnDB account with Organization Owner or Admin access and be logged into VulnDB
VulnDB is the most comprehensive and timely vulnerability intelligence available and provides actionable information about the latest in security vulnerabilities via an easy-to-use SaaS Portal, or a RESTful API for easy integration into GRC tools and ticketing systems. VulnDB allows organizations to search on and be alerted to the latest vulnerabilities, both in end-user software and the third-party libraries or dependencies that help build applications.
A subscription to VulnDB provides organizations with simple to understand ratings and metrics on their vendors and products, and how each contributes to the organization’s risk-profile and cost of ownership.
*Requires a VulnDB subscription